The Magento community is growing worldwide with developers and merchants yearning for constant improvements. During the past years, the system evolved and many updates were released to improve security and functionality. Now they announced a monumental step forward that will include numerous rewrites and a refactoring of the codebase.
Some of the new features set to be included are:
- Clearer processes and transparency
- Improved product quality
- Improved performance and scalability
- Improved product security
- Enhanced Modular architecture
- Improved coverage of Web APIs
- Simplified customisation processes
- Improve multi-language support
- Improve education and product documentation
From a technical point, new specifications are:
- PHP 5.3, Zend Framework 1.x
- Support for MySQL, Oracle and MSSQL databases
- Improved web API (SOAP, XML-RPC, JSON-RPC, REST)
- Unlimited theme inheritance
- New validator library with formal rules of input data validation
The guys from Magento management and development team seems to really listen to their clients and users since they have announced so many long waited changes.
We can’t wait to get our hands on Magento 2.0 and deliver first website to some lucky client! We are hoping that it will be Magento for domestic, Serbian client and that they will be among the first to enjoy in the new systems benefits.